CPI INFLATION CALCULATOR FOR SAVINGS AND RENT REVIEWS
This calculator shows the real value of money adjusted by CPI index inflation for the selected period. The consumer price index is published monthly by the Office of National Statistics. CPI examines the weighted average of prices of a basket of consumer goods and services, such as transportation, food, medical care and housing in the United Kingdom. It is calculated by taking price changes for each item in the predetermined basket of goods and averaging them.
How to use it
It is easy to use this CPI inflation calculator all you need to do is the following:
- Select a start date and input the year and the month you want the calculator to run the calculations from.
- Select an end date and input the year and month you want the calculator to end the calculations on.
- Enter the initial amount you wish to be adjusted by CPI index change for your chosen period.
- You will receive the adjusted value based on the period you selected.
- Also, the CPI calculator will show the percentage change from the initial value entered to the adjusted value for the period you selected.
Potential uses of this inflation calculator
This calculator measures CPI inflation and is perfect for landlords and surveyors for conducting residential and commercial property rent reviews that are linked to the CPI index. The data in this calculator runs from 1988 and is taken from official ONS statistics.
This calculator is great for benchmarking your savings growth against CPI inflation. If your actual savings compounded growth does not outperform the savings adjusted by CPI then it means that money was lost to inflation.
Also, this tool can be used to calculate the interest on the debt which is linked to the CPI index.